Burgos-Hontana
30 km
Aujourd’hui , il fait beau et chaud. Je marche d’un bon pas toute la journée et j’arrive à Hontana around 13:30.
Hontanas is a tiny village that offers no service. Before I can eat, I have to wait six hours for dinner prepared by the innkeeper is scheduled for eight o'clock in the evening. When you come to walk 30km is a long time ... Luckily I always carry with me a few granola bars that help me cope.
We are six hungry pilgrims seated at the table. The meal prepared by the innkeeper is delicious: a soup with bread for starters, ham served with salad and potatoes. We eat without question, too busy to appease our hunger.
dessert arrives, the host table on a tray table that contains 3 apples and 3 oranges. Six pilgrims watching, we all want to take an orange. It's hot and oranges are refreshing.
It is difficult in this simple situation to take the right attitude. If you take the orange you want, you can not enjoy it fully because you know you go the other Pilgrims deprive of this pleasure. If you miss the orange, then you should take an apple you do not want to.
tray passes by my neighbor, he takes an orange, there are two left.
It's mine, I decide to skip my turn and offer the choice to a woman in her fifties. I told her I know she wants the orange and encourages him to take it. What she did after long hesitation. There is still one. The following
decides to take the last orange, without the slightest hesitation!
Like other pilgrims, I am amazed at his reaction. I'm getting the idea to take an apple when suddenly half of the orange is my neighbor on my plate. That is the attitude to adopt! my neighbor did not hesitate because she knew what to do. Share: 3 oranges, halved make 6 half-oranges for 6 pilgrims happy!
0 comments:
Post a Comment