Ronceveaux-Lassaroma
28 km
This morning, I must pay tribute to my excesses of the previous day. This trail had two feet of snow depth has left its mark. The muscles in my upper right leg ran out of oxygen. I can not lift my right leg more than 5 cm without feeling pain. I can tolerate 10 cm. If I need to lift my leg higher, I must use my hands ...
The human body is a wonderful machine. If one of our muscles fails, all other muscles to compensate replace those who can no longer provide the same effort. So my left leg and my right calf took me during the first twenty kilometers. They allowed me to spare the aching muscles in my right leg.
After six hours of walking, my right calf is tired. That's when my muscles sore right leg, which took time to recover, took over. They supported my weight increased during the last eight kilometers, giving my right calf brave a well deserved rest!
And it all happens without you even think about it.
At Zubiri, I stopped to get water in the village. At the end of an alley, there is a van that runs out of blood. I say it's probably a butcher who has just made a delivery. Since there are several puddles on the ground and the truck has been cleaned, I look for garden hose, I found near the house. The owner sits on his terrace, he cherishes a stuffed fox. I ask him water, he beckons me to serve me.
I find this strange. A van is stained with blood and a man caressing a stuffed fox ... Il n’y a pratiquement pas d’animaux dans la forêt où je marche. Des oiseaux et des écureuils, c’est tout ce que j’ai vu ! Alors, voir un type qui caresse un renard empaillé, ça fait bizarre. Je remplis ma gourde. Je le remercie. Et je retourne dans la forêt.
Je suis arrivé à Larrasoma vers 4h30 de l’après-midi. L’aubergiste a l’habitude, comme beaucoup d’Espagnol, de vous parler comme si vous compreniez tout ce qu’il disait. Vous avez beau lui dire que vous ne comprenez rien, il continue à parler, et cela, même sur le ton de la confidence.
: « Pas grave, un jour, vous comprendrez ! » Ont-ils seem to say.
0 comments:
Post a Comment