Sahagun April 9 - the Mulas Mansilla.
38 km
Today is Friday, all shops are closed. I have not made a provision and I have to walk 38 kilometers to get to the next hostel. I have two chewing gum and a piece of bread. Whereas it is little energy I have to spend.
When walking was never hungry, thirsty, but we do not feel hunger. Therefore, I decided not to make long pause. I do not want hunger manifests itself, I drink lots of water to keep my stomach full.
Walking is boring, I'm a straight path along the side of which was planted trees every 9 feet. To combat boredom, I walk with a rapid rate and a constant rate.
I meet a German woman I met there ten days, she limps, she no longer works with her boyfriend because she said they broke up, her boyfriend walking too fast for her. She now travels with a friend she was made at the hostel. I find it odd that her boyfriend did not want to slow its pace. After all, she had followed for 400 kilometers at its own pace. Now that his injury prevented him from following his performance, he leaves behind. This allowed him to discover her boyfriend as he is. And if they were married and she had cancer, would he accompanied his disease? He would have had it slows down, right?
At the end of the day, the warmth of my body no longer sufficient to oil the machine. I have sore knees and I still have 6 km. This day 8 hours of nonstop walking develop a tiny bulb. She also taught me the limits of my body. My limit is 38 km walk in eight hours. Voila!
Arrival at destination, my only concern is to eat, I'm hungry, very hungry and I need to find a restaurant. Cyrus the Swiss know where we can find a restaurant! I will fill him with my stomach growling.
Came to the hostel, John the Pyrenean relaxes in the sun. He said he would like to find a place to write his name so he can find on his next pilgrimage. We think in different locations. Premonition for what was to follow!
I decide to go to mass. Again, the church is filled to the brim, a crowd of 500 people present. There are only two empty seats. They are located at the rear to the front bench last. I sit and listen to mass. A lady comes in, I'm moving to the left of a place. The church is now filled to capacity. I look before me, I notice that someone has a knife engraved with the name of a person. I read that name, it says ¨ Victor ¨. I can not à le croire, je me frotte les yeux ! c’est très clairement écrit ¨ VICTOR ¨, un nom russe peu courant en Espagne.
Ma voisine, qui remarque mon étonnement, me demande si je parle allemand, je lui réponds que non, puis je lui montre le nom de Victor et je lui dis, en anglais, que c’est le nom de mon père. Elle sort ses lunettes pour regarder l’inscription puis elle me sourit.
Après la messe, avec mon ongle, j’écris : " EM " pour Éric Morin en dessous de VICTOR.
Les mathématiciens, à vos calculatrices. Quelle est la chance que je vois inscrit le nom de mon père à la place où je dois m’asseoir dans a church in Spain?
0 comments:
Post a Comment