April 3 Bolerado San Juan de Ortega
23 km
I walk for several hours when Christian joins me. He is looking for a walking partner and would like to complete the journey to Compostela with me. Since the beginning of my pilgrimage, I walk alone, for me is the best way to meditate and enjoy the time I have to know me better. This allows me to unwind, to be attentive and fully live the present moment.
I say Christian I prefer to walk alone, he understands. We'll have coffee and then we set off on our own.
However, walking alone carries certain risks. En route to Ortega, I miss a yellow arrow and I get lost. I take a path that leads me to an abandoned farm, which are trapped hungry dogs. Their grunts my blood run cold, they look like wolves, they find a way to escape, I'm good for a free holiday in the hospital.
I accelerate the pace, I'm heading towards a forest. The road to Compostela is always well marked, if you find yourself in the middle of a forest where the path is uncertain is that we are in the wrong place. So I go back on my feet and reached a crossroads, I see John the Pyrenees. Finally, I found the way, what I am glad to see him again!
We are five pilgrims to finish the stage at the monastery of San Juan Ortoga. We all want to taste the famous garlic soup that Padre morocco preparing the pilgrims for the past 25 years. Unfortunately, the pilgrims are few in April and the Padre, aged 84, does not do in the offseason. In the hope of being able to taste the soup, we ask the board to his sister (blood sister, who lives with him). It suggests that we ask him after the Mass, because, she said: "He made his soup to those who ask him. " We ask him, and obviously, he accepted with pleasure.
The first spoonful of the garlic soup is as strong as the 95% alcohol. No virus can not resist it, my body literally end. There is as much garlic in the soup of the Father there pea in a pea soup. Fortunately I travel alone ...
The night is cold, it is 0 C, and all blankets, sleeping bag and garlic soup barely enough to keep me warm.
0 comments:
Post a Comment