Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Birthday Quotes For Picnik

April 2 Belorado My routine

San Domingo-Belorados 28 km.

compostelle
I've been away for 10 days, enough to develop longemps my daily routine.

I get up at 6:15 so I can leave early. It is nice to pass through a village while its inhabitants slept. I am an alien who leaves the scene, neither seen nor known.

I take my breakfast consisting of fruit, some bars and soft bread with jam. Missing my coffee in the morning is my quest. To take my caffeine intake, I have to find a bistro on the road. Sometimes I walk 10 miles before finding one.

I walk for four hours straight. I stop about twenty minutes to grab a snack and I continue walking for another two hours.

I arrive at the hostel around 13 hours. I wash my clothes by hand and, if weather permits, I stretch out on the clothesline, if I try to find a corner on the stove. It is important to wash as soon as possible to allow time for clothes to dry. Have dry socks for the day is essential to prevent blisters.

Whenever I can, I take a shower, because if I wait too much, there will be more hot water. A cold shower after walking 25 km, you turn into ice block! If you do not believe me, try it, you'll see!

For dinner, I buy what it takes to make a "submarine" or for my French friends, a sandwich. Then I take a siesta. Yep! it is in Spain.

places I visit often and I find an internet cafe where I write emails to my family.

Finally, I'm going to bed and I sleep deeply.

0 comments:

Post a Comment