Monday, January 16, 2006

Utis From Brazilian Waxing

April 4 Burgos. Cathedral

San Juan de Ortega, Burgos
28 km

It no heating in the old monastery of San Juan de Ortega. It's an old building left a little to the neglect in which only two people live there permanently, the Padre and his sister. I'm almost single, I share a huge dormitory with Roberto, an Italian pilgrim. I feel like in an old haunted house.

At 5 pm 30 am, I decided to leave. It was still dark when I start to walk: to me, to the west, the full moon sets in the horizon behind me, to the east, the sun begins to rise. I go along to a moonset and a sunrise. It's beautiful. It is also impossible to photograph.

compostelle
What I like the way the camino is not knowing what you'll see in the day. Each step leads you to new landscapes. When it's sunshine like today it is all the more enjoyable. Rainy days are behind me and I take the sun's heat. This step, although it is 28 km, is very pleasant.

Burgos is a big city, I appreciate the return to civilization. I relax on a terrace sipping a glass of wine. A procession parades Burgos streets to celebrate Palm Sunday.

compostelle
Below are the pilgrims of the reality TV come to Burgos.

compostelle
I visit the cathedral of Burgos. It is an imposing cathedral in which exhibits priceless treasures. The guide tells us his story and the stages of its construction. As it is Sunday, my friend Claude asked the guide what time is the mass. compostelle

With an air of indifference, the guide responds that there is no Masses here, he must go elsewhere.

We are surprised: no Mass in a cathedral on a Sunday? I want to reply: "Excuse me sir, why do you think the peasants have built this cathedral in the fair? To make it a museum? .

Spain is a country where, unlike in Quebec, many are practicing believers. If there is more mass in the cathedral of Burgos is for other reasons, perhaps because they have a museum. It is a wonderful museum filled with countless treasures ... but where did the Church?

Claude found later a church where we celebrate a wedding. He decided to assister. Faut ce qu’il faut !

Le pèlerin.

Claude est le doyen des pèlerins, il a 65 ans. Il a fait le voyage en deux étapes : l’année dernière, il a marché de Puy jusqu'à Pampelune ; cette année, il fait le reste jusqu’à Compostelle. C’est un pèlerin facile d’accès et cultivé qui est d’excellente compagnie. Il y a des gens comme ça qu’on apprécie beaucoup. C’est comme dans la vie de tous les jours.

0 comments:

Post a Comment