Friday, January 13, 2006

Inspirational Messages For Fighting Cancer

April 7 Calzadilla. Stork

Fromista Calzadilla-of Cueza.
38 km

compostelle
I think my family every day. I have a 6 year old son, Felix, and a 9 year old daughter, Camille. I often write their emails. Here extracts:

Felix Ola!

I walked a lot these days, for example yesterday, I walked 38 km, it is easier, because I walk in a plain and it's cold.

You know what Felix! there is a very strange bird followed me for 5 kilometers, it was beside a stream, the bird called a stork. It is a very big bird that makes a huge nest in the trees. This bird was playing hide and seek with me, I tried to photograph it four times, each time I left my camera, he ran away. So, as I missed mon coup trois fois, j’ai décidé de garder mon appareil ouvert. J’étais sûr que la cigogne ne se montrerait plus et, paf ! elle est sortie de nulle part et elle est passée à dix mètres de moi et je l’ai photographiée.

compostelle
Plus loin, il y avait des hirondelles qui s’amusaient à faire le tour de moi, puis les grenouilles ont chanté de belles chansons, il devait y avoir 30 grenouilles, parce qu’elles chantaient fort.

Je t’aime !

À Camille,

Bonjour mon cœur d’amour, j’espère que tu vas mieux, ton vieux père commence à être sérieusement in shape. When I get back, we'll do as a family, a walk in the forest, I'm sure you'll love the great outdoors.

Yesterday I took a lonely road of 18 kilometers. I could see eniron 6 km before me. Imagine, you walk an hour, you arrive at the top of a small hill to see that you still have another 6 km walk. This has been so throughout the afternoon. In the end, I was a little tired, but I came to the village as usual.

I love you!

compostelle

I get to Carrion de los ropes around noon, I still have 18 km to go before joining the hostel Cazadilla, so I decide to stop dinner. I found a grocery store and demand a piece of cheese to make me a sandwich. The cheese comes out the bottom of his drawer, remaining cheese wrapped in cellophane. I bought it and I am seeking a place to eat.

I found a park bench on which I prepare my sandwich. Using my knife, I try to cut the cheese, but it is hard as rock and I can not. He feels nothing, it looks like a soapstone. So I go back to the store to exchange it for another. The cheese is categorical: no refund. I hit the cheese against the counter to say he is out of date and dried. She will not listen and refuses to reimburse me. It did, however, only 5 minutes I was out of the grocery store!

After dinner, a street in the downtown, an old woman who looks like a witch blocks my path. She opens her mouth and pointed his finger towards his tongue and his teeth black. I give him a bag of almonds that I have in my bag. It takes them back to me and almonds. She wants money. I look in my pocket and dropped 3 euros in its basket. Looking down, I notice she has new shoes and she is better dressed than the average person. I sense something strange in his manner and I decided to take 2 euros. Bad idea, she gets angry and starts to bawl me out. I'm leaving and I told him to go to cook an egg! Incredibly, I went to see her in Compostela ° or 400 km away, trying to beg near the cathedral. As soon as she recognized me, she started shouting at me. It should say something like: ¨ Why did you back the money? Why? . It was a beggar professional.

In Spain, there is almost no tramp and beggar, because they are supported by the government and the Church. Indeed, it is the only beggar I met during my trip.

Needless to say, Carrion de los strings was not my favorite city!

0 comments:

Post a Comment